POWER GENERATION ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS
Design, fabrication and installation of diesel generator plant and associated mechanical systems inclusive of:
- Computer aided design and drawing
- Acoustic enclosures
- Acoustic treatment
- Underground and above ground diesel fuel storage tanks
- Fuel day tanks
- Diesel fuel pipe work including pumps and valves
- Exhaust systems
- Ventilation systems including attenuators and louvres
- Crane hire and transportation
- Site installation crews
- Total turnkey installations
- Testing, commissioning and service of the above
- After treatment exhaust purifier solutions
Diesel particulate emissions are major contributors to smog over modern cities. Particulates have also proven to be associated with a range of health effects from exacerbation of asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia symptoms to retarded lung development. Colpro-Kat purifiers will reduce or eliminate particulate emissions. Retrofit of IAC-Kat solutions are a viable and cost effective solution. IAC-Kat in conjunction with Engelhard have retrofitted thousands of diesel engines in Australia.
Inhalation of Carbon Monoxide emissions from diesel engines can be fatally dangerous in tunnels, enclosed spaces or places with poor ventilation. Carbon Monoxide is odourless and colourless. This means that CO Concentration levels can increase to dangerous levels without detection. IAC-Kat purifiers reduce/eliminate the emission levels of CO for diesel, bio-diesel or natural gas engines.
Not all diesel catalysts are equal. You must use the correct exhaust purifier from a recognised company in these situations. Ask for performance data.
Colpro-Kat purifiers provide the exhaust purification solution for your diesel or CNG engines. With increasing demand for environmental and OH&S regulations for the equipment used in industry, IAC helps its customers with its unique catalytic converter based solutions not only to meet these strict requirements but also keep their vehicles in service, reliably and cost-effectively.
IAC-Kat purifiers are typically constructed using a coated substrate and a stainless steel housing.
The coated substrate is provided by BASF. BASF is world renown for it’s emission control products. They provide a consistent high quality product. IAC Acoustics (Australia) Pty Ltd are the distributors for BASF catalysts in the Asia/Pacific region. More information about BASF can be found at www.basf-catalysts.com
IAC Acoustics fabricate the housings using high grade stainless steel. In the case of ceramic substrates the housing design accommodates the different rates of thermal expansion, to eliminate failures due to thermal stress. IAC-Kat products can be incorporated into different designs or mufflers as required.
All Colpro-Kat purifiers remove dangerous and offensive gasses from the exhaust. More specifically they all remove carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon emissions. However IAC can offer a more tailored exhaust purifier for any application.
Engine Exhaust Silencers
Controlling noise pollution from engine exhausts is a priority for many organisations in the power generation market. It is essential that all Power Generation applications have the required noise control measures in place that ensures the facility meets with the relevant noise criterion.
IAC Acoustics is the global market leader in noise control engineering and is one of the premier manufacturers of engine exhaust system silencers. IAC has developed a range of absorptive and reactive engine silencers to satisfy most applications within the power generation market.
Typical performance of IAC engine exhaust silencers is as follows:
- Absorptive engine silencer: 15dB(A) to 25dB(A) (type SM15P and SM25P)
- Reactive and wave phase shift: 30dB(A) to 50dB(A) (type SM30P, SM40P, SM50P)
- Engine exhaust silencers from IAC provide reliability, optimum performance and effectiveness at a competitive price. Download this information leaflet to find out more about IAC’s engine exhaust silencers.
Key characteristics of IAC Acoustics Engine Exhaust Silencers
Engine exhaust silencers from IAC reduce engine exhaust noise from all types of internal combustion engines including petrol, diesel or gas. Our exhaust silencers have the following key characteristics and attributes:
- Specific applications: co-generation, containers, marine, rail, generation unit (backup, primary, no break)
- Circular, rectangular, or oval design
- Diverse material types to suit application
- Radial or axial intakes
- To satisfy the current environmental requirement, all silencers can be supplied with catalysts or selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems
- Standard and Bespoke Engine Exhaust Silencers
In addition to our range, IAC also offer special or tailor made silencers to suit customer specific requirements.
Our standard engine exhaust silencers are available in stock and offer a noise reduction of 15dB(A) to 50dB(A) using single units. However, if a greater noise reduction is required then this is possible by the use of multi-stage units.
A full accessory range of flanges, bellows, elbows, gaskets, nuts/bolts are available to compliment the silencer range. Other options include:
- The ability to integrate catalytic converters into the engine silencers
- Spark-arrestors are also available and can be supplied separately or integrated in silencers